City Council Meeting Agenda - 11-28-2023
GRANT CITY COUNCIL
NOVEMBER 28, 2023
- Roll Call
- Call to Order
- Open Meetings Act Announcement
- Review and Action of Agenda
- Review and Action of Prior Meeting Minutes – November 14, 2023
- Communications (Upcoming Meetings, Etc.)
- Standing Committee Reports
Andrea Brueggeman (Library, Tree Board)
Kimberly Bishop (Airport, Park & Rec, Planning/Zoning)
Tierney Petersen (Cemetery, City Hall, Economic Development)
Sam Sims (Public Works, CRA)
- Public Comment
- Unfinished Business
- Action and Discussion on Ordinance No. 23-10-01, an Ordinance of the Mayor and Council of the City of Grant, Perkins County, Nebraska, Amending Section 5-201 – Registration; Issuance of Permit of Article 2 – Peddlers and Solicitors of Chapter 5 – Business Regulations of the City of Grant Revised Municipal Code – Adding Language Concerning Food Trucks; and Providing When This Ordinance is in Full Force and Effect. (Third Reading)
- New Business
- Action and Discussion Acceptance of Playground Donation by Casey and Nicole Tjaden
- Action and Discussion on Resolution 23-11-02 Resolution for the Signing of the Year-End Certification of City Street Superintendent 2023
- Action and Discussion on 2023 Nebraska Department of Transportation Maintenance Agreement Renewal
- Action and Discussion on Resolution No. 00-96-25, a Resolution for Snow Removal by The City of Grant
- Action on Bills and Claims
- The City of Grant abides by the Nebraska Open Meetings Act in conducting business. A copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act is on display in this meeting room as required by Nebraska State Law.
- The Mayor and City Council reserve the right to enter into a Closed Session at any time during the meeting, in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meetings Act, even though the Closed Session may not be indicated on the agenda.
- It is the intention of the Mayor and City Council to take up the items on the agenda in the order they are presented above. However, the Mayor and City Council reserve the right to take up matters in a different order to accommodate the schedules of the City Council Members, person(s) having items on the agenda, and the public. The City of Grant further reserves the right to adjust the order of items on this agenda.
- Anyone wishing to speak during public comment may be limited to three (3) minutes per person, with a limit of two (2) individuals speaking per topic position. Please come to the podium and clearly state your name and address for the record and the agenda topic you wish to speak upon in a professional manner.