Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
As growing concerns are raised about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Here is a few websites that we recommend you refer to often as you deem necessary, and know that the information changes daily as it becomes available.
- The City would like to update you as the COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread, the President of the United States has declared a National Emergency which unshackles and cuts a lot of the “red tape” only at a federal level, in conjunction with that the Governor of Nebraska has proclaimed a State of Emergency as well, and this too eliminates a lot of the “red tape” only at a State level.
- So what does that mean for the city of Grant? It means that for now we will adhere to the Governor’s guidance set out in the proclamation and Directed Health Measure. We have attached all this information to our website (links above) and Facebook page. Please refer anyone who asks you “what is Grant doing?” to the website www.grantnebraska.com or the Facebook page, search for (@CityofGrant1) or to the City Office at 308-352-2100.
- We encourage you to promote these things: Remain calm, Wash your hands, Cover your mouth when you cough, Practice social distancing, and Avoid unnecessary travel. The Southwest Public Health Department would also like you to report to them if you have recently traveled to or from one of the hotspots either domestically or internationally. Those hotspots can be found on the CDC’s website, www.CDC.gov.
- The Cities main focus is the health and safety of the citizens of Grant along with insuring that business at the City level goes uninterrupted. We have already briefed all staff as to the plan of action for now and if and when we need to implement stricter guidelines.
- Please encourage people to like our Facebook page and watch the City website for updates as they become available.